PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Blitz S.T.F.U. System

VagabondStarJXF
03-27-2007, 01:06 PM
I stumbled upon this thing on the bay and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about it...

Here's a link:

I like doing mods on my markers so this thing would come in handy if I go just on what the write up says but it'll be of no use to me whatsoever if it doesn't actually work. I would buy it and try it out but, as I'm in the UK, shipping is a tad expensive to warrant that kind of 'disposable' purchase should it not be worthwhile. Anyone out there have one of these? Or used one?

Oscum Guy
03-27-2007, 01:16 PM
pretty sure that silencing is illegal. that name fits it well tho. lol.

VagabondStarJXF
03-27-2007, 01:27 PM
It is just for testing and can't actually be used for shooting. I just need to know if it actually works as well as it claims. My neighbours won't appreciate the noise because their newborn baby and I've got lots of work to do on my markers...

yod3r
03-27-2007, 01:31 PM
i wouldnt ever do this but sum1 could just cut out the peice that doesnt let the paintballs leave and then have a silenced barrel

Kenny_McCormic
03-27-2007, 01:42 PM
i wonder if its batf approved

VagabondStarJXF
03-27-2007, 01:45 PM
batf?

Hob Hayward
03-27-2007, 02:12 PM
Try taking one of your stock barrels or something and muffling it with an old towel or somesuch, usually works fine, and its free.

Kenny_McCormic
03-27-2007, 02:42 PM
batf?
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms they are a fedaral agency that controls guns and stuff in the USA

08Lud08
03-27-2007, 04:27 PM
its not a barrel silencer, you use that to shoot your gun with only air inside buildings and stuff. if you shoot paintballs with it you will just get the inside filled with paint because its blocked off.

Kenny_McCormic
05-08-2007, 04:24 PM
yes i know that but how difficult would it be to mak it into a silencer? thats what the batf is for you send it to them and they **** around with it rying to turn it into a silencer and if it silences a firearm even by 1db then its a silencer

Nenkitsune
05-08-2007, 04:46 PM
well i doubt you can use it to silence anything by cuttinga hole in it, since by cutting the hole, you would get rid of the baffle that is used to take out the sound. something like this
http://www.airsoldier.com:8080/cgi-bin/mivavm?Merchant2/merchant.mvc+Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AOS&Product_Code=AKA-Muffler&Category_Code=OTHERACCESSORIES

won't work if you were to try and make it shoot paint. it gets rid of all the baffle

anyways, the blitz barrel is complettly filled with a baffle material. what i think works good is this, take a sock (i use ankle socks since that's wha ti have) and twist it into the barrel. then put duct tape (or any tape that'll hold it) and cover up the end of the barrel. there you go, instant barrel muffle. the only thing is it screws bigtime with your recocking pressure

Taillo
05-11-2007, 12:04 AM
Hehe, here's one thing cool in canada, there is no regulation for silencers if they are not adaptable to a real firearm. Thus, paintball caliber could only get close to a .12 gauge shotgun and the result of a home made paintball silencer will never silence a real shotgun, then, paintball silencer are legal. I used them often without getting any warnings from paintball field staff.

Ninja Edit.... Please don't post links or how to find info on silencers ;) ***BAMF***

bamf-hacker
05-11-2007, 05:19 AM
The barrel muffler is the way to go. I have used one and it works great. It actually makes an Ego quiet.