PDA

View Full Version : Pro shop rips...........

DRAGON
01-23-2006, 06:44 PM
Went to a new pro shop(to me anyway) last week. The guy there seemed OK and he had a lot of customers there that seemed to respect him. I have a bit of mixed emotions about this place though -

Had decent prices on Evil paint($57 a case.....I've seen them going for $80 around here) but when I took my 68/4500 to be filled there, he charged me $5.50 to fill it. Thing was it already had 1000psi in it and he barely got it to just under 4000psi. He seemed to possibly try to take advantage of my intelligence and told me it was actually filled to 4500psi, it's just that the gauge was inaccurate lol. Funny, it always worked before, maybe he brokted it lol. :p So I essentially paid $5.50 for a little less than 3000psi - :dodgy:

Next time I went there I saw a kid that had his Spyder totally appart. Asked him what he was doing and said he was installing a PE reg. I told him those regs aren't that good but I suppose it was better than no reg at all. He said he just bought a HPA tank from the guy and he told him if he didn't install the PE reg it would ruin his valve. Scratched my head and told him, wasn't so that all he had to do was screw the HPA tank on and shoot. He looked at the guy behind the counter and the guy promptly walked away to take care of another customer. I helped him put all the stuff back together as we conversed Spyder stuff. The guy sold him a line that was about 6" too long because that was all he had in stock. We had a time getting it on to where it didn't look too odd. This counter guy really seemed to take advantage of this guys light experience and it kinda pissed me off a bit to say the least -

Well I needed a couple of sight springs for my 98 and no one else in the area carries them. He charged me over $10 for 2 small springs. I mean they aren't even coiled or anything, just a simple U shaped spring. Normally wouldn't have gone for it but thought, "hey, it's the last time I'm coming to this place anyways, why not?". Needless to say I will not be back to this place again -

I know pro shops need to make a profit but taking advantage of your customers just doesn't seem right to me. Unless I'm very desperate I will not be back to this place for obvious reasons -

Anybody have any similar local pro shop experiences as such? -

Moe
01-23-2006, 06:56 PM
There is a pro shop near me that almost refused my buisness because I didnt buy the gun there. I bought a piranha from them, and then a spyder online. I took the spyder in because i needed soemthing to plug one of the oulet holes in the drop i was using. well...they couldnt find anything, and i was like well, if you just have a guage that would work, and this girl behind the counter gave me a nastylook, and said you are using CO2, a guage wont do anything there...So i said if i was using CA, it wouldnt either....and she was like oh...yeah. They were being douche bags the whole time, riddling me with questions about why i would buy something online. I dont go there anymore.

There is also bad boyz toyz...I hate them also. They are just douche bags all around. They just think thye are better than anyone. Stupid annoying pro shops.

durrell
01-23-2006, 07:03 PM
The local shop around here is the same way. The guy will sell people a Paradox over an Ion for like 400 bucks. Whatever he needs to sell, he'll stretch the truth to sell it. He's a nice guy but he'll rip you off in a heartbeat.

DyNasty9
01-23-2006, 07:04 PM
at my local field, i need something to get a fitting out so i went and asked the head tech for a wrench and he was like here let me do it, and i wanted to do it, but he did anyway and hes like why do you have reg on a spyder and i was like becuase i can lower my pressure and it shoots better. so hes like just put the gas through back on, and i was like actually it came stock with a reg and he was like oo thats not a real reg i was like yup ok.

most of the guys that work at my feild wont rip you off there all pretty cool.

shutter_elite
01-23-2006, 07:23 PM
i dont think i've ever had that problem, sounds like your guys shops kinda suck cause ever gun i've bought there or online i've never had any problems w/ getting help.

TacTownKilla
01-23-2006, 07:24 PM
Durrel ftw?

chubb0rz
01-23-2006, 07:41 PM
Durrel ftw?
QFT.

Most shops around here arent bad about selling the wrong part but they are overcharging for some stuff imo. Almost doubling the prices is not fair to me, i know they have to make some money but thats over kill.

Drefish99
01-23-2006, 07:52 PM
I think over all shops customer service just isn't up to par of your regular sporting good shops. There was only one pro shop/ field that I actually trusted and they closed due to lack of funding. Go figure. I guess in order to stay in business they have to do some double talk against their more nieve customers to make ends meet. Not justifying what they are doing. They have to compete with all the Durrell's and SPPS and Otters on the internet.

shunut
01-23-2006, 08:02 PM
Luckily for me a new shop just opened down the street from my house which trilled me and they have awesome prices and great customer service. Maybe its because the place is ran by a woman but I love it. I was going to "The Front" for little things because its like 5 miles away from my house, but they way overcharge for everything. So one day I was talking to my mom and she said did you see that new paintball shop that opened up by Target. I was like "Huh?" So I checked it out. $47 for a case of Marballizers, $49 for a case of Evil, $43 for a case of RPS Premium. I'm looking into getting a Stiffi front for my Freak Kit and she said she can get me it for $60 which is like $15 cheaper than on Stiffi's website. She also told me that if there is anything I ever want, that she doesn't have she will try her hardest to get it for me. I guess I just lucked out.

lewizz124
01-23-2006, 08:45 PM
There is also bad boyz toyz...I hate them also. They are just douche bags all around. They just think thye are better than anyone. Stupid annoying pro shops.
QFT. me and my friends went in there and for kick i wanted to see what the guy would say about a maxflow tank. so i walk up and im like hey would i be able to get a maxflow 68/4500 threw here? and hes like ooooo you dont want that, trust me i know, my friend had one and he took it apart to clean it and it never worked the same again and another guy i know slid into a bunker barely on the tank and it messed up the reg so bad and it wouldnt let air threw the reg at all. :p i just laughed histarically at him and im like "wow man that sucks for dynasty huh doesnt it? there game must really be hampered by using such crappy tanks." we were all crackin up at this guy. it seems like these guys at these "pro shops" are all just... stupid. i like to go in these places and ask them questions and laugh at them for there stupid degrading answeres. for some reason the biggest *******s flock towards paintball. but at the field where i play at the owner (lance) is really awsome and the sad thing is his buisness is struggling, i usually try to buy alot from him because me and him are really tight and he can beat almost any price. he had a tournament last year and he scheduled it around me and my team, hes a really cool guy and hes sorta taken me under his wing.

leed
01-23-2006, 08:55 PM
Pro shop? I've never heard of such a thing! I've heard of a rookie shop though...

In all seriousness, I don't have a proshop within 50 miles of here... Honest! But of the one's I've gone to, the behind-the-glass-table people just mind their own business and don't bother with you unless you ask them something. They don't really say like, "Oh this is better than that, etc, etc." But the proshop is a little biased with gun manufactures. They tend to carry low end spyders, tippmans, etc. Then one or two autocockers, maybe even an Ego, but they have this whole wall full of Matrixes, Dye and Proto. And their prices are absolutely outrageous. But I never mind going in to look at stuff. I only shop in my brain, I never have money to actually buy something...

But when I did talk to the fellas, they were nice about things, and even called other stores if they could get things in stock, etc, etc.

But prices.. yeesh..

geeZus
01-23-2006, 09:41 PM
The shops here are good. One is a little expensive, and I don't like the owner, but the guy knows paintball and has been involved for years. Those of you who play PSP and NPPL might of heard od Southside Images. They have media passes to all the events and take photos of play. They own a proshop here. The other two in the area are good also. I used to play for one of them. If you take a Matrix to them, odds are it will end up in my hands being worked on. :) I'm the only one there thats owned a Matrix before, so they won't even attempt to work on them.

colonel_moo
01-24-2006, 12:23 PM
around here, the people that work in the shops are usually pretty knowledgable and nice. the prices are a little outrageous, but its understandable for most of them, except for one. one shop (x-fire paintball) has prices at least 20 percent higher than other shops in the area. ive never had a problem with their customer service, but apparently the guy is an arse to tiburonGT.

overall, i cant complain. i just dont have much close to me.

Recon by Fire
01-24-2006, 05:26 PM
We just have a world reknown airsmith who specializes in cockers, phantoms, mags.... :)

bamf-hacker
01-25-2006, 06:16 AM
My local shops are great. Of course they are very big in the Paintball world. Pev's. They are always helpful, don't try to sell you stuff you don't need, and will go out of their way to get you stuff you want. They are not the cheapest place to get stuff, but they are on par with most other retailers around here. Plus they have sales all the time to get extra stuff. For example, I got my Crossy their. 68/45 was 209.00 (Same as online), but I got a free tank cover, free fill nipple cover, free thread saver and 6 fills. So in the big picture it was much cheaper.

HacKeR

DragonSlayer
01-25-2006, 01:22 PM
There is a pro shop near me that almost refused my buisness because I didnt buy the gun there. I bought a piranha from them, and then a spyder online. I took the spyder in because i needed soemthing to plug one of the oulet holes in the drop i was using. well...they couldnt find anything, and i was like well, if you just have a guage that would work, and this girl behind the counter gave me a nastylook, and said you are using CO2, a guage wont do anything there...So i said if i was using CA, it wouldnt either....and she was like oh...yeah. They were being douche bags the whole time, riddling me with questions about why i would buy something online. I dont go there anymore.

Bad Boyz Sucks and they are over priced.

Check out paintball explosion on Dempster in Skokie just east of 94

MatthewTheTheif
01-25-2006, 01:24 PM
my shop is way overpriced, but the people are knowledgeable and friendly, to an extent

they really dont make conversation that well though, i asked a guy about a pump they had on the wall and he was like "i have no clue what that is, but i know you dont want one" so it either was broken or he was just trying to sell me somthing else

it also seperates guns into price ranges, pumps on one wall, spyders, tippies, low end cockers on one, and everything else on one wall

Cheat71
01-26-2006, 11:00 AM
I hate when paintball shops try to rip you off. These guys should leave the PB industry and go be auto mechanics...

SoldierzHonor
01-28-2006, 03:47 AM
Other than the services time frame ordeal i recently made a thread about, or proshop is...myeh...to a certain degree. They cater to the high end guns, yet advertise they are here for the new players. The only spyder parts they have would be a couple spring kits and barrels. I recently got 2 spyder flashes that need some parts and asked about getting them. His reply was that noone shoots spyders anymore. Ok, needless to say I had a huge surprised look on my face. He said he wouldnt order anymore due to noone needing the parts. I walked out to the prep area where people were getting ready for games and lo and behold...out of the 12 or so that were standing there, 3 had spyders. It was a typical sight also lol, one had a hopper turned sideways that could use some straightening. 2 of the guys were even wearin Raven jerseys. I did an about face and proceeded to my truck wondering...think these guys say that alot to inquiring players? Sure, I use the mamba when i play...when it worked...before i turned it over to them for services. However, I also liked to rock the AMG and leave the angel in the truck from time to time, cause Im cool like that ;)

This forum needs to close down...since "noone" uses spyders anymore lol ;)

btw, they rent Pirahnas and Tippmanns there, if that matters lol. Luckily, their fields rock! lol

spydr
01-31-2006, 12:17 PM
This shop by us (Alternative Sports Supply) charges $20 for a piece of macro line and two fittings,they still want $500 for an A-5 with a stock and remote coil line.Then at another proshop(I-70 paintball in huber heights) i sold them my J&J ceramic barrel for my spyder,he took 10 bucks of the price of an order i got from him,then i saw him but the barrel for sale in the display for $40 bucks.But the field i play at(metro paintball http://metro-paintball.com/ ),their proshop rocks.Paint is 40 a case,and sometimes they have blaze or heat.The owners dont mind helping people with their guns and neither do the players.Their prices are good too.

geeZus
01-31-2006, 12:53 PM
When pro shops rip you off, come see geeZus! Link to his gun tech services is in his sig below.

/spam. :p

durrell
01-31-2006, 01:06 PM
When pro shops rip you off, come see geeZus! Link to his gun tech services is in his sig below.

/spam. :p

When G messes your gun up, buy your new one from Carolina Paintball and Supply. Link to store below. :dodgy:

/spam :p

Nader
01-31-2006, 01:50 PM
and when the gun you buy from durrell doesn't work...well then just give up!
JP D!
:D