PDA

View Full Version : No N2 filler's locally

CHACHI25
03-26-2007, 07:07 PM
So I went to my local welding supply, and bought one[T tank]. I have a regulator ordered which is "supposed" to work. All I have to do is get a female quick disconnect and or rob the one I have on my remote line and I should be in business after hard piping it in.
The regulator is coming from [URL="http://www.polyperformance.com"]. Ninety bucks. Can't beat the price for everywhere I looked. A safe 450psi max fill rate.
I can't see any reason why this won't work. Can You?
Also, I didn't have the option of renting the tank, so I "invested" about $295.00 filled. $25 to refill it when empty. In addition, even if I keep the tank for two years, they will fully refund my tank purchase price.
I used the word "investment" because I'm going to fill other people's tanks for the usual field rates at least until I get my money back out of it and then it will be dirt cheap fills for me and my ballers.
One more thing, the small sports shop and bait shop in my area charges on average about three dollars more per Co2 fill, per size. Feel sorry for me?

durrell
03-26-2007, 07:09 PM
That's a good idea. Dad has a scuba tank he gets filled at the local fire department, it's a great investment. I'm not sure you'll get too many fills off of it though..

Oscum Guy
03-27-2007, 12:04 PM
3 dollars per ounce a co2 tank??

CHACHI25
03-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Naw O.G., I'm saying for a 9 oz. tank I pay $5 verses the two you would normally pay elsewhere.
All my out-of-town friends laugh at my misery.

Pwgsx
03-27-2007, 09:11 PM
LOL, I get Sports Authority to fill a 20oz for 2.99, least time I got 3 filled for the price of one.........good times ;)

08Lud08
03-28-2007, 12:16 PM
The first time I went paintballing I went to sports authority to fill my tanks. I picked up a 12 oz tank and told the guy I was buying it and if he can fill it. he filled it and dropped it off at the front counter with my other tanks but forgot to tell the girl at the counter I was buying it so I got a filled 12oz tank for $3

Maxx-Damage
03-28-2007, 02:10 PM
Ive have learned from some of my friend who ill be playin with this weekend, said that our local dive shop will fill our tanks for $3, no matter what size. So CHACHI go ask ur local dive shop if theyd do it for u.(i noticed ur in nebraska so i just realized how tarded my idea sounds......)

Ace24
03-28-2007, 11:00 PM
LOL, I get Sports Authority to fill a 20oz for 2.99, least time I got 3 filled for the price of one.........good times ;)
I get free CO2 and HPA fills. Free entry to the field too.

I love being a field reff :)

CHACHI25
03-29-2007, 08:04 PM
You know, it's funny you guys mentioned the dive shop, I work with a guy who dives, he'll fill any size hpa tank for a special "co-worker" price of $6.00 per.

You ever notice how the price of sea-food goes up, the closer you get to the ocean? (Does that apply here?)

Buddha33
04-03-2007, 06:52 PM
I get my scuba tank filled for $5 at the nearest dive shop 30 miles away. If u have a smaller tank 47/3000 or 68/3000 u can shoot for a long time off one fill. Eventually the tank will get lower and you get under 2000psi fills but u can still shoot. I refill my scuba tank when it gets under 1000psi. I also got lucky and got a scuba tank and fill station for $50. Two fields i go to are $1 per 1000psi or $10 for all day air. Just my 2 cents.

Buddha