PDA

View Full Version : Can the MR2 really take a beating?

Jason
03-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Can it take a good beating just like the 98c? I've become the 'dagger' of the squad and I'm looking for a good gun that can take some abuse and still work like a charm.

Other than that question - what other guns would be best suited for the 'dagger' role?

DRAGON
03-26-2007, 04:31 PM
A BE Blade lol - :dodgy:

Wut's a dagger? Hmmmmmmmmmm

Barricuda
03-26-2007, 06:43 PM
i think hes sayin hes the point man on his team...the one that makes all the point advancing with lots of ducking, sliding, and diving.

my MR2 is damm good at keepin paint on target after a beating...just keep ur barrel clean and shes masterfull!

Ace24
03-26-2007, 06:49 PM
Or get a J&J Ceramic 14" for it and nothing will stick to the barrel innards.

Spyders are well known for being able to take a beating. They are also much easier to field strip then a 98C.

He is speaking of the position on SpecOpps Birgade.

Glasher
03-26-2007, 07:38 PM
Ya Mr2 can take a beating and be useful as a dagger marker position, I would reverse the ASA so your bottle points toward the barrel. take out the stock and use a J&J Barrel...thats how I set up myself when our dagger in our team can't play.

Maxx-Damage
03-27-2007, 10:53 AM
Id say it can take a beating. Ive dropped mine, its gotten throw once(broke that darn feedneck) and ive over slid into a bunker and the gun took the impact.

Hob Hayward
03-27-2007, 01:05 PM
They're damn resilient, however, you couldn't submerge it in water, or put dirt in the feedneck and expect it to keep going, like you could with a tippy...

Ace24
03-27-2007, 08:49 PM
They're damn resilient, however, you couldn't submerge it in water, or put dirt in the feedneck and expect it to keep going, like you could with a tippy...

You can with the MR1. ...and when you get that dirt in the gun, it is alot easier to clean then the 98C.

Maxx-Damage
03-28-2007, 10:59 AM
I hate cleaning my tippy, id rather take a pin and 2 screws out to clean the top bolt than 10, than have a complicated rebuild.:p

ViperX
03-28-2007, 07:05 PM
This comes to mind:

"This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I WILL...

My rifle and myself know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT...

My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage as I will ever guard my legs, my arms, my eyes and my heart against damage. I will keep my rifle clean and ready. We will become part of each other. WE WILL...

Before God, I swear this creed. My rifle and myself are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY LIFE.

So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!"

P.S. I would never let my marker fall in the dirt before I broke both legs, ate a pound of dirt and swallowed a river before allowing my marker to get anything other than paint on it.

Maxx-Damage
03-30-2007, 12:41 PM
^wow, i could never remember that. execpt the first sentance.....

But this weekend ill see what is the worst that happens to my gun.

Maxx-Damage
03-31-2007, 11:29 AM
well i played for a little bit and my gun hit a few trees and some bunkers. No problem but i chopped 2 out of less than 500.

Jarhead
03-31-2007, 03:40 PM
This comes to mind:

"This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

If you were in the Marines you would remember, every night in boot camp, that was our bedtime prayer, then after we recited it, we had to say goodnight to our rifle, by the name we gave it. Brings back fond memories.

DRAGON
03-31-2007, 04:02 PM
If you were in the Marines you would remember, every night in boot camp, that was our bedtime prayer, then after we recited it, we had to say goodnight to our rifle, by the name we gave it. Brings back fond memories.

Then after you leave the service they remove your friend forever unless you want to pay $500 a year to have it. That's just cruel -