PDA

View Full Version : co2 leaking FAQ

Juvinile
03-26-2007, 12:57 PM
Hi im new here and i purchased a MR1 recently. The first couple times i used the spyder it was as if i could constantly hear the air going throughout the body of the marker and it worried me that it was constanly draining my air. that died out after i oiled around the connector to the c02 and dry fired as it said to do in the manuel. Another mini problem that has arised is when i scew in my co2 i can hear air leaking out through my barrel and when i asked someone working at the paintball arena they said my o-ring may be cut inside the gun that is attatched to the bolt. How would i go abouts opening the gun and taking all of this apart. i cant really hear it anmore but i would still like to change the o-ring because i dont want to have it break on me in the middle of a match and have to sit out the rest of the day because of it. Thanks in advance

Jegger24
03-26-2007, 01:04 PM
Welcome to the forums...begin by reading the "spyder bible"... the link is below. If you still have questions, fire away...there are a lot of intelligent and helpful people here.

http://www.ottersccustoms.com/

alam3503
03-26-2007, 01:43 PM
bless the bible....do you hear it when it is cocked or not cocked

DRAGON
03-26-2007, 04:32 PM
Use the cup seal you got in the spare parts kit and change it out for the one that came in the marker. It's a cup seal leak -

How? Look in the manual -

Juvinile
03-26-2007, 07:33 PM
Thanks Guys ill get on that tomorrow.

Juvinile
03-26-2007, 08:01 PM
just for the heck of it what exactly was wrong with this part that was making it leak because it looked fine and it didnt contain any o-rings?

DRAGON
03-26-2007, 08:18 PM
You're there.....I'm not -

ViperX
03-26-2007, 08:28 PM
Also if it is a new marker, it is possible to have had some kind of debris left over from manufacture or from the previos owner. Any debris in the valve chamber could get caught on the cup seal or the valve rim and prevent a good seal. T

Try cleaning it really good first and be sure to use a good cloth that doesn't have lint or falls apart easily. Sometimes just a few threads are enough to cause a headache. Use a good solid cloth, not those red shop towels.

If you hear air escaping out your barrel it means that cup seal isn't seated so clean it or replace it if cleaning doesn't cure it. Your bolt/striker orings will not fix your problem.

Juvinile
03-26-2007, 08:36 PM
Ne leaking reported thanks alot again :D