PDA

View Full Version : Feedneck for Promaster

fwgericke
03-26-2007, 05:54 AM
Hey Guys

Could you tell me if a Smart parts q-lock would fit a promaster??
If not what would. Thanks:)

joe06
03-26-2007, 10:51 AM
any ion threaded feedneck will fit the promaster. my friend has a q-lock on his and i have an empire one on mine.

fwgericke
03-26-2007, 12:44 PM
Ive read the reviews on the promaster but whats your personal opinion on performance cause im really considering getting one??:rolleyes:

joe06
03-27-2007, 11:04 AM
its a great marker, very nice trigger very fast with several ramp modes and its pretty easy to clean. the only bad thing about it is if you dont have a fast hopper (i recomend an empire reloader b or a halo b) you might as well not even use t because even with an eggy it will chop at a continued high rate of fire. after my friend bought a halo he didnt have that problem anymore though so its pretty simple to fix.

bigred76
03-28-2007, 08:00 AM
The only problem I had with my Promaster (wow, that was a long time ago, now that I think about it...), the only problem I had was some issues with the ram, probably just got a lemon. That's the only thing to worry about them, really, though. Quality control is bad at ICD, but when they make a good gun, it's a good gun.

Personally, GET A BUSHMASTER THREADED FEEDNECK! Impulse ones ARE NOT the same threading. They are very, very similar, but the difference is enough that if you install it wrong it WILL strip the threading on the marker's receiver. If you absolutely have to put one on because you can't get a Bushy threaded one, be careful and do not overtighten the neck to the body.

TL;DR: Yes, but be very careful and don't overtighten it.

joe06
03-28-2007, 11:33 AM
thats wierd. the ion threaded one fit perfectly on our promasters and some are even sold as ion/promaster/hobla ha whatever threads . oh here u go : http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=PKcA6jWoA2gA8HOiiNzAQj98AzEU4jV207U=?Pro ductID=eW7AqArbI4QAAAEE45Q7WxAc

08Lud08
03-28-2007, 12:27 PM
actually on the redz one it says that if you put it on your promaster it voids the warrenty.

joe06
03-28-2007, 03:34 PM
yeah replacing pretty much anything on the promaster voids the waranty. found that out when i tried to replace the reg.

08Lud08
03-28-2007, 03:38 PM
no I meant the feedneck warranty.

joe06
03-28-2007, 03:55 PM
well thats crap. i was pretty sure they were talking about the promaster warranty, but after rereading it im not so sure. when i clicked on it it said promaster in the heading but not in that link so my bad-though my friend has one on his promaster and weve had no problems with it whatsoever, it works great.

bigred76
03-28-2007, 09:28 PM
No, the Promaster warranty basically says that if you change ANYTHING on the marker, the warranty is void. Ion feednecks have been proven to be of different threadings than the Bushmaster threading utilized on the Promaster. See here. (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=22005169&posted=1#post22005169)