PDA

View Full Version : Availability of upgrade parts for Spyder Elite, circa 1999?

Mr.K
03-25-2007, 07:03 PM
I have a Spyder Elite that I bought new in 1999. I've been playing off and on since then (but not as much as I should or would like.) My marker is as reliable as it was when I bought it new. I haven't had any issues (other than an arse rep cutting my stock striker spring to play at an indoor field -- but that has since been replaced with a Shocktech.)

I am starting to get a little more serious now and I primarily play woods and scenario. I would like to make some upgrades and was wondering if there are still parts readily available for this marker.

A local PB shop owner/speedballer chuckled when he saw my "antique" and recommended that I buy a newer marker. Personally for what I play, I don't really find the need to purchase a newer, fancier model that spits out 30+ balls a second.

Any recommendations/feedback is appreciated!

FYI: My Spyder Elite is mostly stock. The only upgrades I have made (so far)are a Shocktech striker spring and a Smart Parts 14" Linear barrel.

Taillo
03-26-2007, 12:28 AM
I see a couple of things you could add.
A remote line, if you want to lighten the gun and use as an expansion chamber.
If not, there are expansion chambers out there made for it.

As you like scenario and woodsball, you could add a Red Dot, for cal.22 rifle, that fits in the 10mm rail on your Spyder, and if needed, an offset sight rail. Most people will say sights and scopes are useless in paintball, but it definitively gives a better line up for the first shot you try at a target.

But your gun is light and adding a stock will give it milsim look, but will affect weight a bad way. I would not suggest it unless you really want to focus on look and bracing the gun.

Then a bolt, is allways suggered but if you stay mechanical, maybe you wont need it.

And finally, a cheap loader, like a ricochet AK or 2K, which are inexpensive and will insure you a stable rate of fire.

Mr.K
03-26-2007, 03:19 AM
I forgot to mention that I have a red dot site, which I find quite usless. I considered purchasing a remote line and my harness/gear is set-up to accept a tank, but I don't want want it to snag on anything when I move through the brush.

Since my marker is silver and black, I've been using Allen Camo Tape to blend the marker into the environment. My hopper is covered in a Woodland camo neoprene cover that I bought from Unique Paintball in So Cal I think that they are out of business now.)

I was thinking about mechanical upgrades.

Oscum Guy
03-26-2007, 12:20 PM
i never heard of a spyder elite. you should post pics.

oh YEAH, linear barrel!!! woot!

Mr.K
03-26-2007, 08:15 PM
She's nothing fancy to look at, but she's accurate and reliable...

Taillo
03-27-2007, 12:31 AM
Hey i got an explansion chamber that could fit on that gun, look at this picture: http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/taillo/classic.jpg

Im not 100% sure it fits but to be sure, give me the measure of your gun, from the middle of the hose hole in your vertical adapter, to the first screw on the trigger frame, ill tell you if it can fit. I could sell it very cheap.

Also, do you have a plastic spacer between the bottom line and the handle?

Mr.K
03-27-2007, 01:14 AM
Taillo...

It looks pretty close, but I don't think it will work. The measurements on my marker between the middle of the hose and first screw on the frame is 1.5 inches. Compared with your pic, it appears that the screw that retains my vertical adapter is about the same distance from where your expansion chamber screws in (I am going to estimate less than an inch.)

I have two vertical adapters that were included when I purchased my Spyder. I currently have the marker set up with a hose/line to the tank, making it similiar to a rifle stock; with my second adapter, I can connect the tank directly to the marker utilizing it as a handle/forward grip.

I appreciate the offer, but I am not interested in adding an expansion chamber.

Any recommendations for replacing the Venturi bolt?

Thanks for your input! :D

Pwgsx
03-27-2007, 09:09 PM
I got a AKA bolt than would fit and a cover to cover up the side cocking knob.......let me know if your interested