PDA

View Full Version : Rain?

Inquisitor
03-25-2007, 09:32 AM
If I play in the rain will the trigger board fry itself because the grips that the MR2 comes with has some gaps that water can easily penetrate. Does anybody know if water will damage the electronic components of the gun. I really don't want to play in the rain and find out my gun is in need of repair.

Critical
03-25-2007, 09:59 AM
water is generally bad for any electronic circuit, I wouldn't play in the rain if you can avoid it.

Inquisitor
03-25-2007, 10:16 AM
I was wondering if there is any way you can water proof it.

DRAGON
03-25-2007, 10:29 AM
You really couldn't waterproof any marker for that matter, even a mechanical. There are just too many open spaces everywhere. Face it, not only will water affect a circuit board but paintballs themselves. I got caught in a downpour once and all the balls in my hopper were stuck together by the time I ran back to my car. When opening the trunk, a whole opened bag of 500 were ruined as well. Imagine trying to shoot half melted paintballs. They would end up a pukey mess in your marker and barrel. Until they make plastic shelled paint, playing in the rain is somewhat asking for trouble......period -

Maxx-Damage
03-25-2007, 11:39 AM
Ive played in the rain before. I put a thin strip of electrical tape around the grip to cover up the gaps in the grips. But im playing in the woods and have some descent cover for my gun. Its just if u want to risk it.

vikingshadow
03-25-2007, 11:53 AM
I've played in the pouring rain on speedball fields before, crawling around in mud puddles and everything. No worries! If you should just HAPPEN to get your electronics wet, just let them dry completely before you try to turn it on. You should be fine. If you're really worried about it, just run a bead of silicone between your grip edges and the gun and let it dry. It's easy to clean up afterwards also. It won't keep all the moisture out, but it'll keep the majority out.

Biggest thing is what Dragon said, not to get your paint wet of course.

Inquisitor
03-25-2007, 04:44 PM
thank for you input I think I am going to stay out of the rain, it is kinda hard around where I live though