PDA

View Full Version : Grips MR2

Egreen
03-24-2007, 04:46 PM
hi i am looking for cheep upgrades for my mr2

wylde01
03-24-2007, 04:50 PM
first off define cheap. you can get the grips that patshortland is making for 28 dollars shipped. also if you dont already have one you might look into getting a better barrel. the jj ceramic barrels are really good for only around 30 dollars. if you need more help you can pm me or others and you can get more info. hope this helps a little though.

DRAGON
03-24-2007, 05:55 PM
I use the Glock style Hogue Handall grips. It's like a rubber girdle for your grip frame with finger grooves. It's very comfortable feeling and holds the stock grips very tight to the trigger frame. You can find them in many firearm supplies. I got mine for $7. You don't need to spend $30 for comfortable grips unless you just have money to throw away -

Egreen
03-24-2007, 05:59 PM
sweet where did you get them

DRAGON
03-24-2007, 06:01 PM
..........You can find them in many firearm supplies. I got mine for $7. ........

Try an online search(Glock style Hogue Handall grips). I'm sure you'll come up with tons of results - ;)

The Booth Man
03-24-2007, 09:48 PM
I use the Glock style Hogue Handall grips. It's like a rubber girdle for your grip frame with finger grooves. It's very comfortable feeling and holds the stock grips very tight to the trigger frame. You can find them in many firearm supplies. I got mine for $7. You don't need to spend $30 for comfortable grips unless you just have money to throw away -

Man, that would have been nice to know about a week ago. I had no idea they existed. Oh well, I look forward to using my grips from Patshorland when they arive.

patshortland
03-24-2007, 10:16 PM
Those Hogue covers are just that, simply slip on rubber sleeves. Not grips at all. Really ugly if you ask me.

Check out Ebay and you will see what I mean.

Please, posting Ebay links are prohibited here WARNING!

DRAGON
03-24-2007, 11:09 PM
Those Hogue covers are just that, simply slip on rubber sleeves. Not grips at all. Really ugly if you ask me......

If they aren't grips, then what is the intention of producing them Pat? They were produced to add grip to a plastic pistol body. :rolleyes: I'll bet they are a bit ugly to a person that would like to receive 30 bucks in his BST thread lol. I've used them on both my Glock and Spyder's. Very comfortable and add little thickness to the grip compared to others available - ;)

The Booth Man
03-25-2007, 02:01 PM
If they aren't grips, then what is the intention of producing them Pat? They were produced to add grip to a plastic pistol body. :rolleyes: I'll bet they are a bit ugly to a person that would like to receive 30 bucks in his BST thread lol. I've used them on both my Glock and Spyder's. Very comfortable and add little thickness to the grip compared to others available - ;)

To Pat's defense, they are a bit ugly.

Besides, if his grips turn out to be as great as they look, then good for him. Not everyone has the means or ability to make new grips from scratch.

What are we paying for anyways? We are paying for something Custom made for the MR2. If most of us were willing to pay $50 for the SPPS Feedneck, then why not this?

Just a thought.

DRAGON
03-25-2007, 02:30 PM
hi i am looking for cheep upgrades for my mr2

To my defense(why? I have no idea :o ) did you even read the first post?(he didn't mean a bird noise) BTW....since when are Milsim's supposed to look pretty? - :rolleyes:

Taillo
03-25-2007, 03:45 PM
BTW....since when are Milsim's supposed to look pretty? - :rolleyes:

Since the birth of the MR series...

patshortland
03-28-2007, 04:11 PM
Even though the MR2 is Milsim, some people (me included) like a good clean look. A rubber slip on sleeve will just not do. Whether it is looks or function you ultimately get what you pay for.

ViperX
03-28-2007, 08:44 PM
PATSHORTLAND WARFARE GRIPS ALL THE WAY!!!!!

Can't wait to add them to my marker!

Picchi
03-29-2007, 07:53 PM
I can't wait for my pair to arrive either!:D

ViperX
04-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Has anyone received their warfare grips yet? I'm still patiently waiting.......

Glasher
04-08-2007, 08:13 PM
Has anyone received their warfare grips yet? I'm still patiently waiting.......

I didn't receive them also, this smells scam :/

darth massacre
04-09-2007, 12:51 AM
PMed him a week ago - I think he's still making them.

Barricuda
04-09-2007, 01:37 AM
i actualy have some working knowhow of molding and what not...i think ill give my skill a shot on making grips...if it works...who knows?

civickiller302
04-09-2007, 08:27 AM
If you do....then try and make them somewhat good looking... That other guy's grips look terrible with "WARFARE" written across them with a boring bold font... Just throw something in Illustrator and you'll have a design much more professional...

...then i'll buy em... :)

Barricuda
04-09-2007, 12:46 PM
i was thinking of using a more clear rubberized grip so i can toss what ever images i want into each casting for a more " personalized" grip

Barricuda
04-09-2007, 04:50 PM
if i make the standard black grips i can only make one casting of the mold...and all of them turn out that way. if i make some clear...i can insert items and pics into the casting...no 2 grips alike. even personal messages, words , pics into a set of grips. meh...well see...i wont have a workin set til i can get my mr2 back from kingman. its out for repairs. once back ill start the process and take photos as i go for refrence incase some one wants to give it a try also...im not here to make money...

DRAGON
04-10-2007, 05:07 PM
No sense now Barricuda.......... http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?p=126423#post126423

Barricuda
04-10-2007, 07:52 PM
bah...i made a prototype outta my old avenger marker grip...i think i can cook better stuff than that...let me find a digi cam and take a few shots of my prototype so u can have an idea of my finished grip...then ill even send you a set for testing.

Barricuda
04-10-2007, 08:08 PM
**this was just a test run. i inserted a pic of a red spider on a camo background into the grip just to see...on as a test i didnt complete the finishing...on my next set (for an mr) ill polish and clear coat the finished product for a glass look....any ideas what u want inserted into your test grips dragon?

*keep in mind i only wanted to test my mold and the fil compound mixtures on this run..the next one will have full clean up and polishing

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y234/barricuda/th_Picture256.jpg
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y234/barricuda/th_Picture257.jpg
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y234/barricuda/th_Picture258.jpg
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y234/barricuda/th_Picture259.jpg
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y234/barricuda/th_Picture260.jpg

Critical
04-11-2007, 02:10 AM
If you made TES grips like that, but with a window for the LCD, you would be very popular!

Barricuda
04-11-2007, 03:02 AM
easy to do...but i need a stock set to mold.

DRAGON
04-17-2007, 04:35 PM
So no one has still heard from this Pat Shorthand character eh? -

ViperX
04-17-2007, 05:25 PM
I haven't heard a thing from him, that's why I was like, great same time kingman releases a set of grips and this dude has dissappeared off the face of the planet. I foolishly payed for a set under the impression from the messages he left on this site that the grips were already production ready and he already had them ready for distribution, otherwise I would have never payed.

I haven't heard anything from him personally, even though he has all of our email's through the paypal payment.

I had to do member posts search to see if he has left anything current and the "latest" news he has left is stating that he has changedthem again and they still aren't ready, but that is what he has posted publicly, privately I don't think he's contacted anyone who has made payment in good faith.

Certainly not the way to go about things. I personally wouldn't have taken a single order until the product was 100% finished and had quantity to sell. But that's me.

They better be some outstanding grips after this long, uninformed wait.

Critical
04-17-2007, 05:42 PM
easy to do...but i need a stock set to mold.

If I send you a stock set of grips that are a little rough, would you be able to use them? I'm getting rid of my TES frame anyway so you could have the grips, but you could probably make decent coin on PBNation and elsewhere, since no one else makes them.

Barricuda
04-18-2007, 02:40 PM
if you send them..ill do my best to "clean em up" and mold em...ill send you back the grips after ive molded them and send you a pair of the new ones.

Glasher
04-19-2007, 08:12 PM
I haven't heard a thing from him, that's why I was like, great same time kingman releases a set of grips and this dude has dissappeared off the face of the planet. I foolishly payed for a set under the impression from the messages he left on this site that the grips were already production ready and he already had them ready for distribution, otherwise I would have never payed.

I haven't heard anything from him personally, even though he has all of our email's through the paypal payment.

I had to do member posts search to see if he has left anything current and the "latest" news he has left is stating that he has changedthem again and they still aren't ready, but that is what he has posted publicly, privately I don't think he's contacted anyone who has made payment in good faith.

Certainly not the way to go about things. I personally wouldn't have taken a single order until the product was 100% finished and had quantity to sell. But that's me.

They better be some outstanding grips after this long, uninformed wait.

If you go to his sale post he posted something saying they woin't be in rubber and will still have to wait for those who still wants it in rubber I asked my money back and I'll wait for Kingman ones or if that dude where I live would be willing to make me some.