PDA

View Full Version : Hpa

CHACHI25
03-24-2007, 05:59 AM
The VS3 manual specifically says compressed air only. So can I safely get away with Nitro?

Nintendo
03-24-2007, 06:01 AM
yea you'll be fine Nitro the same thing as HPA

Backmanshooter
03-24-2007, 07:09 AM
Seeing how they are the same thing...I think you'll be fine. ;)

CHACHI25
03-25-2007, 07:49 AM
See, cuz when my, now dead Uncle, ran out of
H(igh) P(ressure) A(ir) on his respirator, I hooked up my Nitrogen bottle instead. I was worried I was gonna get sued by my Aunt. Thank goodness they're the same thing. But I can rest easy now, and so can he. Sincerely, thanks for your help. I am now dumber. Good thing I came to this site for sarcasm, because only an idiot would come here, expecting an intelligent, fact-based answer! Thanks Again! I am now going to hang myself in lieu of putting the dog in the microwave.

Backmanshooter
03-25-2007, 07:53 AM
Please do.

Thanks for your time.

/your life

CHACHI25
03-25-2007, 07:55 AM
Aww baby, I didn't mean all that. I'm sorry.

Backmanshooter
03-25-2007, 07:56 AM
Shush. Stop posting.

bigred76
03-25-2007, 08:02 AM
Actually... they are different. They work the same, but aren't chemically identical. Nitrogen is pure (uh dur!) Nitrogen, whereas HPA is just atmospheric air (mostly nitrogen, with oxygen mixed in).

Backmanshooter
03-25-2007, 08:06 AM
Thanks Bill Nye :p

CHACHI25
03-25-2007, 08:11 AM
Thank you big red!

And thank you "backmanshooter" (i think i figured out how you got your name) for living up to my expectations of you by fanning your own ego and doing your best to get the last word in.

bigred76
03-25-2007, 08:12 AM
*pushes glasses up nose and speaks in geek-ish tones* No problem! Hope to see you around sometime again here.

Backmanshooter
03-25-2007, 08:17 AM
Please...considering the following :p

badlandsrox
03-25-2007, 11:06 AM
See, cuz when my, now dead Uncle, ran out of
H(igh) P(ressure) A(ir) on his respirator, I hooked up my Nitrogen bottle instead. I was worried I was gonna get sued by my Aunt. Thank goodness they're the same thing. But I can rest easy now, and so can he. Sincerely, thanks for your help. I am now dumber. Good thing I came to this site for sarcasm, because only an idiot would come here, expecting an intelligent, fact-based answer! Thanks Again! I am now going to hang myself in lieu of putting the dog in the microwave.

What he meant by saying that they are the same thing, is that they are the same thing in a paintball context, if you were to go to a shop and ask for HPA depending on what they use, they will most likely fill it with Nitro, as it is cheaper, and more widely used. They both have the same properties when used as a paintball gas (although nitro will go warm when rapid fired, but with that wont do anything to the velocity). Nitro and HPA are also alot "cleaner" which is the main reason that CO2 is recommended against in some guns...

CHACHI25
03-25-2007, 12:11 PM
I heard the tank would either get warmer or colder, my biggest concern was the velocity. You've definitely answered my question. Thanks for learnin me.

CareBear-Killer
03-25-2007, 09:35 PM
You're more likly to find HPA fills at a field. Either a shop would need a lot of air tanks or a good sized air-compressor that runs around $3K+/- ...Yah.. a loud air compressor in a small shop is no good. ...Unless the shop is next to a dive shop that provides air fills... then maybe.

Nitro is just a lot easier for shops. For the use of paintball, they might as well be the same thing. ...Just don't scuba dive with the nitro.