PDA

View Full Version : oiling

Lyingcomic
03-22-2007, 09:39 PM
is it okay to drop a few drops of oil or lube into the ASA? ive heard this from someone but wasnt sure. i just want some reassurance :)

shunut
03-22-2007, 10:15 PM
Yes, as long as you use a light weight paintball oil.

Lyingcomic
03-22-2007, 10:56 PM
alright cool thx, but im not sure if my oil is lightweight:confused: . i think ill just keep it safe until i find a lightweight one i guess. thx for posting:D

bamf-hacker
03-23-2007, 05:54 AM
Take a look online for Gold Cup Oil. It is made for PB guns.

Also make sure you remove the barrel from your gun after you drop the oil in the ASA. You do not want to fire oil into your barrel it will mess with your paint the next time you go to shoot it.

kidonfire
03-23-2007, 07:15 AM
What kind of oil do you have? If it's not paintball gun oil, then you probably shouldn't be using it.

Backmanshooter
03-23-2007, 09:07 AM
Gold cup is best, IMO. I used it once and havent lubed it that much. Still works like a charm.

shunut
03-23-2007, 09:27 AM
Yeah, Gold Cup is awesome. I've used in on all my markers, from my Spyders to my Ego.

Lightweight Paintball Oil is a thinner oil then say Shocker Lube or Dow 33 which is a think silicon base lubrication. Lightweight oil is about the consistency of vegetable oil or baby oil, where as Dow 33 is the consistency of shortening or toothpaste.

Lightweight is used for parts like the bolt and striker.

Dow 33 is used to lubricate internal parts of regulators and stuff like that.